I wrote some essays and thought pieces about nontraditional media. Please have a read or two.
- In the late 1980s, a new kind of pornography was emerging. Yes, hard to believe, but even in the pre-web days real people managed to produce and share porn with each other.
- On the occasion of a revival of “Nixon in China,” Opera News asked me to do a survey of how Richard Nixon has been perceived over the decades.
- I love the journalistic form known as the reporter (or critic’s) diary. I managed to persuade an editor to let me keep and publish one for a few issues. I — golly, shucks, blush — think it’s some of my brightest and most relaxed writing:
- Cannibal Culture 1
- Cannibal Culture 2
- Cannibal Culture 3
- In the early 1990s, I was wowed when I got a look at video on demand.
- Before the web, there were CD-ROMs. I took a look at a number of them and liked one in particular.
- Polly and I talked about “Voyeur,” an early erotic-suspense multimedia game.